- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty: Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Cultures
- School: School of Performance and Cultural Industries
Supervisors: Prof. Cristina Leston-Bandeira (POLIS) and Dr Paula Clarke (Education).
Research question: to what extent can youth political literacy – specifically, an understanding of democracy and the rule of law – be embedded in live drama techniques to enrich citizenship education for 10-11year olds in the UK.
Miranda uses an arts-centred approach (Arts Integration); the drama techniques are brought alive through performance-based poetry and drama inspired games. Her research methodology is based on a four-stage process – Entertain, Elevate, Engage, Educate – that is designed as a way ‘in’ for young people to access and connect with difficult topics.
Qualifications and experience:
- MA Theatre Writing Performing and Directing (York)
- MSc British Politics and Government (Birkbeck, London)
- BSc Politics (Bristol)
Miranda is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing and holds a Professional Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Marketing.